Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday Newsbites: April 20, 2014


Yep... Happy Easter Sunday, folks!

I'm posting this late on "Saturday" night because I'm busting with the news...

GUESS WHO BOUGHT A NEW CAR (yesterday, technically) ON SATURDAY?

YES...! US...!

Last week we received a free $10 Kohl's marketing outreach gift card in the mail...

(Bear with me! I'll get back to the new car in a moment!)

 ...good through this (now past) Saturday. So... today... we went out to find something to use it on rather than let it expire and go to waste.

Anyway... I found a clearance polo shirt at the Kohl's in Ramsey, NJ for $12 and so with no sales tax on clothing in NJ... I ended up getting a (originally priced) $36 shirt for $2.

Well, folks... I was so damned happy with my bargain that I said "what the hell" and the next thing you know we were at the Hyundai dealership a mile up the road trading in Sammie, our (now former) 2011 Sonata 2.0T with 58,649 miles (with the bumper-to-bumper warranty set to expire at 60K) for a brand spanking new 2014 Sonata 2.0T.

(Stephanie the Sonata... "Steffi" for short!)

In all seriousness, we had been talking about perhaps looking into turning Sammie in if we could get a good enough deal, but on the other hand, today's actual buy can be looked upon as an "impulse purchase."

(*GUFFAW*)

Yep... I know... Bill Barker, the guy who researches every  purchase beyond pocket change to death "impulse purchasing" a friggin' new car...

(*STILL LAUGHING*)

I tell ya... I crack myself up...!!!

Anyway... that's my car story I couldn't wait till morning to share!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to post an actual newsbite or two tomorrow, but if I don't get around to it... I ask your forgiveness in advance.

(*WINK*)

Have a GREAT EASTER everyone! I know I will!


No comments: