Thursday, October 16, 2014

Nudity... and Fraternity!


You folks know how I enjoy using the phrase "drunken debauchery," right?

Well... this year's trip to Key West was a bit... er... different.

This year... 

(*DRUM ROLL*)

Mary and I stayed with...

(*CYMBAL CRASH*)

The nudists!

Not on purpose, mind you!

Nope. We booked our Key West accommodations late this year, hoping against hope that Drunken Ted and Drunken Mary would join us. (They didn't.) So by the time we started calling our usual haunts they were all booked up!

Anyway... we ended up at Marrero's Guest Mansion. Check it out... that's what the link is for! Notice that on one of the pages it does indeed say "clothing optional pool area" (along with "all guests must be 21 and over"), but when booking we assumed that the "nude" space was a separate and apart (perhaps fenced or shielded with shrubbery) area from the... er... "clothed pool area."

Nope...

(*PAUSE*)

So... for seven days... Mary and I swam with the nudists! 

(*GUFFAW*)

Mary of course did not partake...

Nope. Mary kept her clothing on!

(*GRIN*)

Me...???

(*POUTING*)

Yeah... me too. (Even though I'm a big believer in "When in Rome," I'm an even bigger believer in keeping the "gifts" God gave me... which my darling bride might well have cut off as I was sleeping one night had I disrobed in public to be "one of the gang.")

It was an interesting experience, however! And I would go back! The nudists were extremely friendly and while, yes, the innuendos flew and some couples showed more "affection" for each other than others, to my knowledge there were no orgies - nor even advanced "fooling around" in the pool!

The best was at night. Folks would return to the mansion from their night out and head for the pool. We'd continue drinking and sharing our days' experiences till past midnight most nights. I even got into some exhilarating economic debates!

(*GRIN*)

Of course we had our personal booze supplies with us, but there was also an honor bar out by the pool. By and large it was a fairly drunken crowd with Mary and I (yes... I... me... myself...) coming off as responsible drinkers! (My fellow guests were though of course suitably impressed by our giant bottle of Bailey's brought down for breakfast coffee each morning and of course my traditional post-breakfast Bloody Mary Mornin' drinking...

(*THUMBS UP*)

Oh! And here's something... a return to the "Old Key West" ethos... a complimentary happy hour for guests each afternoon between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.!

Anyway... we arrived home last night after 11:00 p.m. and so it's back to the grind - no more morning swims... no more midnight swims... no more mansion...

(*SIGH*)

More later! (Indeed, I'll do a full travelogue!) For now though... I need to get  back on track now that I'm back living in the real world.

 

4 comments:

michellez said...

LOL, WOW! Was NOT expecting THAT! I'm glad you both had a good time. It sounds like a vacation full of great stories, lol.

Glad you're back. :)

William R. Barker said...

Ha! Ha!

Nope! We weren't expecting it either!

Funny thing... four of the couples we met were from Indiana... one couple was from South Dakota... another couple was from Ohio...

(Talk about all those copies of American Gothic hanging up in houses throughout Peyton Place, huh?)

(*HUGE FRIGGIN' GRIN*)

Anyway... in case you're interested, Michelle... here are some of the other places we've stayed in Key West throughout the years:

Curry House

http://curryhousekeywest.com/

Conch House

http://conchhouse.com/

And our all time favorite:

THE SOUTHERNMOST HOUSE

http://southernmosthouse.com/

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

-He who won't let his name be mentioned

William R. Barker said...

@ He Whose Name Dare Not Be Mentioned:

(*THUMBS UP*)

(*HUGE FRIGGIN' GRIN*)

BILL