Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mick Mulvaney (G-SC-5) (The "G" Stands for GARBAGE)



I DON'T QUITE "GET" CONGRESSMAN MULVANEY'S POSITION... DO ANY OF YOU...???

*  *  *  *  *

“There was an attempt to oust John Boehner as Speaker of the House today. I didn’t participate in it.

* WHICH DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT YOU... (BUT CONTINUE...)

That may make some people back home angry. I understand that, but I’ve got some experience with coup attempts against the Speaker, and what I learned two years ago factored heavily in my decision today not to join the mutiny.

First, I learned two years ago that people lie about how they are going to vote. 

* SO...??? YOU CAN'T CONTROL OTHERS... BUT YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR OWN VOTE AND VOTE ACCORDING TO YOUR CONSCIENCE.

And you cannot go into this kind of fight with people you do not trust.

* HMM... ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH WW2, CONGRESSMAN? OUR ALLIANCE WITH STALIN? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE OLD ADAGE "THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND?"

We walked onto the floor two years ago with signed pledges – handwritten promises – from more than enough people to deny Boehner his job. But when it came time to vote, almost half of those people changed their minds – including some of those who voted against Boehner today.

* HMM... SO... THEIR NAMES

(*TWIDDLING MY THUMBS*)

* NOTICE, FOLKS... THIS PIECE OF $HIT WON'T NAME NAMES. HE'LL MAKE THE ACCUSATION. HE'LL HIDE BEHIND THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS. BUT THIS PIECE OF $HIT WON'T PUT UP... NOR WILL HE SHUT UP.

* THIS... THIS IS THE KIND OF PERSON WHO REPRESENTS BOTH THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. MEN LIKE MULVANEY ARE RUNNING OUR COUNTRY - IS IT ANY WONDER WE'RE IN THE SHAPE WE'RE IN?

Fool me once, shame on you… Today was even worse: there were never enough votes to oust Boehner to begin with.

* ALL I CARE ABOUT RIGHT NOW IS YOUR VOTE, MULVANEY. YOUR VOTE WAS WITH BOEHNER - NOT WITH YOUR CONSTITUENTS... NOT WITH YOUR PROFESSED BELIEFS. YOU'RE A PHONY.

On top of that, some people who had publicly said in the past that they wouldn’t vote for Boehner did just that.

* YEP. SCUMBAGS. (BUT WHAT'S THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU AND YOUR VOTE, MULVANEY?)

This was an effort driven as much by talk radio as by a thoughtful and principled effort to make a change.

* I HAVE NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER THAT THE AVERAGE TALK RADIO HOST - WHETHER LEFT OR RIGHT - IS FAR MORE PRINCIPLED AND THOUGHTFUL THAN THE AVERAGE MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - OR THE SENATE FOR THAT MATTER. YOU... PEOPLE... ARE... SCUM...!

It was poorly considered and poorly executed, and I learned first-hand that is no way to fight a battle.

* SO WHY DIDN'T YOU AND YOUR ALLIES ASSIST IN THE EFFORT...??? SO WHY DIDN'T YOU, MR. MULVANEY, DO ALL WITHIN YOUR POWER TO ADD "BRILLIANCE" AND "CRACKERJACK EXECUTION" TO THE ATTEMPT?! HMM...???

* WHAT... A... SCUMBAG...

This coup today was bound to fail.

* WITH REPUBLICANS LIKE YOU IN POWER IT WAS!

And in fact, it failed worse than I expected, falling 11 votes short of deposing the Speaker. At least two years ago we only failed by six.

* YEAH, FOLKS... WHEN BOEHNER HAD ONLY SCREWED US FOR TWO YEARS MULVANEY CONSIDERED HIM UNFIT FOR THE SPEAKERSHIP; BUT NOW, AFTER AN ADDITIONAL TWO YEARS OF BOEHNER ACTING EVEN WORSE... MULVANEY SUPPORTS HIM. (SOMEONE WAS BRIBED, I'M GUESSING!)

I also learned that the Floor of the House is the wrong place to have this battle. The hard truth is that we had an election for Speaker in November – just among Republicans. THAT was the time to fight.

* AND DID YOU FIGHT...???

But not a single person ran against Boehner. Not one.

* INCLUDING YOU!

(*SHRUG*)

* HEY... I'M NOT DEFENDING THE OTHER BOZOS... BUT DON'T TRY TO FEED US SOME HOLIER THAN THOU LINE, MULVANEY; YOU ARE A PIECE OF GARBAGE.

If they had, we could’ve had a secret ballot to find out what the true level of opposition to John Boehner was. In fact, we could’ve done that as late as Monday night, on a vote of “no confidence” in the Speaker. But that didn’t happen… and at least one of the supposed challengers to Boehner today didn’t even go to the meeting last night. That told me a lot.

* YA KNOW WHAT TELLS ME A LOT, MULVANEY? THE ACTUAL VOTE!

Some people wrote me encouraging me to vote for Louie Gohmert. I like Louie, but let’s be clear: Louie Gohmert was – is – never ever going to be Speaker of the House. I respect his passion, but he isn’t a credible candidate. That was proved today by the fact that he got three votes, despite all the national media attention he managed to grab.

* FAIR ENOUGH... NO ONE IS ARGUING...

My colleague who got the most anti-Boehner votes was Daniel Webster of Florida who got 12 votes. I like Daniel. He is a nice guy, and a good thinker… but his lifetime Heritage Action score is 60%. By comparison, mine is 91%.

* BUT YOUR VOTE FOR BOEHNER DEMONSTRATES HOW MISLEADING SUCH SCORES ARE...

(*SMIRK*)

And this was supposed to be the savior of the conservative movement? Would the House really have been more conservative if he had won?

* WE'LL NEVER KNOW...

The truth is, there was no conservative who could beat John Boehner. Period. People can ignore that, or they can wish it away, but that is reality.

* I CERTAINLY DON'T KNOW THAT. BUT EVEN IF IT'S TRUE... YOU TRY! YOU SHOW WHERE YOU STAND! YOU GIVE YOUR SUPPORTERS HOPE THAT THEY CAN TRUST YOU!

* YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY BEEN IN WASHINGTON TOO LONG, MULVANEY. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR LAST TERM. YOU SHOULD ENCOURAGE AN ANTI-BOEHNER REPUBLICAN BE ELECTED BY YOUR DISTRICT IN 2016. (BUT OF COURSE YOU WON'T... YOU'RE FOR YOU - PERIOD.)

Some people tried to argue that voting against Boehner would give conservatives leverage, or somehow force him to lead in a more conservative fashion, even if the coup attempt failed. All I can say to that is that the exact opposite happened two years ago: conservatives were marginalized, and Boehner was even freer to work with moderates and Democrats. My guess is that the exact same thing will happen again now. And I fail to see how that helps anything that conservatives know needs to be done in Washington.

* MY GOD... THIS DUMB BA$TARD CAN'T SEE THAT HE AND HIS COWARDICE... HE AND HIS LACK OF SHAME AND LACK OF PRINCIPLE... IS WHY WE'RE IN THE SITUATION WE'RE IN!

I understand people’s frustration and anger over what is happening in Washington.

(*CLAP...CLAP...CLAP*)

And I also acknowledge that John Boehner may be partly to blame.

* WOW... CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS MEALYMOUTHED CRETIN...?!?!

* AGAIN... FOLKS... WHAT DOES A 91% "LIFETIME HERITAGE ACTION SCORE" TRANSLATE TO TODAY? IF IT'S "MULVANEY"... WE'RE IN EVEN DEEPER TROUBLE THAN EVEN I'VE GUESSED!

But this was a fool’s errand. I am all for fighting, but I am more interested in fighting and winning than I am fighting an unwinnable battle.

* THE ONLY THING YOU'RE INTERESTED IN WINNING IS ANOTHER TERM... BETTER COMMITTEE SEATINGS... AND MORE POWER TO PASS OUT MORE PORK.

* YOU DISGUST ME, MULVANEY.

Finally, the most troubling accusation I have heard regarding the Boehner vote is that I have “sold out” my conservative principles. All I can say is this: take a look at my voting record. It is one of the most conservative in Congress.

* YOU... VOTED... FOR... BOEHNER...

* PERIOD. END OF STORY.

And I was joined today by the likes of Jim Jordan, Raul Labrador, Trey Gowdy, Mark Sanford, Trent Franks, Tom McClintock, Matt Salmon, Tom Price, Sam Johnson, and Jeb Hensarling.  If I “sold out” then I did so joined by some of the most tried and tested conservative voices in Washington.

* FOLKS... COUNT THOSE NAMES. TEN! RIGHT? ADD MULVANEY HIMSELF... THAT'S ELEVEN. ADD TWENTY-FIVE (25) - THE 25 REPUBLICANS WHO ACTUALLY VOTED AGAINST BOEHNER - AND WHAT DO YOU GET? THAT'S RIGHT... THIRTY-SIX (36).

* ISN'T THAT THE EXACT NUMBER MULVANEY HIMSELF EARLIER CLAIMED WOULD HAVE BEEN NEEDED TO TOPPLE THE SPEAKER...??? (RHETORICAL QUESTION; THE ANSWER IS "YES.")

* ALLOW ME TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORIES MY FRIENDS...

MULVANEY: "This coup today was bound to fail. And in fact, it failed worse than I expected, falling 11 votes short of deposing the Speaker."

* I CALLED MULVANEY'S OFFICE. I SPOKE TO A STAFFER. "NO COMMENT." IN FACT... THE YOUNG WOMAN "HAD NO IDEA."

* FOLKS... THIS IS WHAT WE'RE DEALING WITH...

I can say with 100% confidence that I have done exactly what I said I would do when I came to Washington: fight to cut spending, stop bad legislation, work to repeal ObamaCare, and hold the President accountable for his actions. That will never change, and neither will I."

* PRETTY SURE I'VE MADE MY CASE...

* MULVANEY... YOU SUCK!

No comments: