Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Technology Evolves... While Basic Good Manners Devolve


So... this past Monday... the 5th... I sent a group email pertaining to Valentines' Day festivities - a Saturday night of drunkin' debauchery for adult friends...

(*PURSED LIP*)

Three people (representing three couples) had the good manners to get back to me within a reasonable time frame.

(*DRUMMING MY FINGERS ON THE DESK*)

Well... how'bout the rest of you... all you big "techies" who "need" all the latest technology (and sometimes latest stock colors)...

You can't answer a friggin' email...??? You're too fucking BUSY to answer one of MY emails...??? Too fucking IMPORTANT to at least acknowledge receipt and reply "let me get back to you!"?

I really don't give a shit if some of you would rather spend the evening with your kids... (though you ARE weirdos!)... or family or other friends... it's all good... but I've gotta be honest... NOT FRIGGIN' PLEASED with being ignored.

You know who you are - right? Coll... Joey... James... THANKS for getting back to me... it's gonna be a GOOD night!

The rest of you...

(*PAUSING*)

We all have our strengths and weaknesses and our individual... er... quirks... and perhaps some of you even consider my efforts to keep decades old friendships vibrant to be a "quirk"... but it's my thing and it really PISSES ME OFF when I get no cooperation.

RANT OFF...

Oh... and just a side not... if anyone is interest in joining a group of well-turned-out middle-aged drunks for an evening of eating, drinking, drinking, dancing, drinking, dancing, chatting, dancing, drinking, singing, dancing, singing louder, drinking... shoot me an email at home... or call me... or FB message me. 


No comments: